Booking an Appointment
- Kate's client hours are days Fridays-Sundays sometimes Thursdays. Readings are the first appointment of the day.
- She does not take evening appointments but does on weekends to accommodate those with Monday-Friday 9-5 schedules.
- Her admin offers the first available appointment so there is no need to request something sooner. Likewise, there are rarely cancellations.
- All appointments for any service must be booked by the person who will be receiving the service; so appointment booking requests of parents/siblings/friends/etc for someone else will not be booked. This is to ensure that whoever is receiving the service has demonstrated the requisite volition and engagement in their own process of self-discovery and is not there because of any family or friends' pressure.
- All long distance appointments are via Facebook Messenger Videocall, Skype, or GoogleChat or over the phone and have to be pre-paid via etransfer.
- In the event of client misconduct (abusiveness, missed payments, no shows, etc.) Kate Opashinov reserves the right to refuse service and not refund or refund any fees paid.
Rescheduling an Appointment
- Rescheduling more than once may be subject to a $30 administrative fee and payment in advance without refund for cancellation or rescheduling. If scheduling an appointment you can make is challenging with your schedule, we suggest trying the long distance option if that will help you be able to commit to the appointment.
- Failure to give sufficient notice (five days for a reading, two days for a healing or therapy) may result in the full session fee being charged
- In the case of a life threatening emergency to you or a loved one, rescheduling short notice with only an administrative fee of $30 may be possible and up to the discretion of Kate
- These fees and policies will be gladly waived in the event of a serious emergency (ex. car accident, fire, serious medical etc.) for you and or someone under your care (elderly parent or child) with documentation.
- Kate is generally not available by phone for questions or booking in order to provide better quality service and learning. Emails are answered usually within 24 hours and are the best way to reach Kate and the only way her appointments are booked.
- Kate requires your phone number for booked appointments in the rare event she has an emergency and needs to reschedule or if you are running late or might be lost and she needs to call you to see where you are at and when you will arrive for an appointment.
- Kate does do phone/FB messenger/skype/google chat sessions for intuitive counselling appointments for regular clients in the event of an emergency or if they are long distance (vacation etc.). For an emergency appointment, contact her by email to see when she can squeeze you in that day. Please note that booked emergency appointments are double the fee since she has to rearrange her busy schedule to accommodate you same day short notice. If the problem can be resolved within five minutes on the phone, the session time is free, however it is a courtesy call and not something done frequently. After the 5 complementary minutes, and prorated to the minute x2 including the initial 5 minutes. Calling her outside of 9-6pm is strictly prohibited unless otherwise previously arranged via email. Call 311 for appropriate emergency numbers instead or contact Kate's assistant via email asking for the emergency references.
- Please pay Kate in exact change as she does not have a change box or cash register in the clinic.
- Kate has a very busy schedule so if you want extra session time, please be prepared to pay the extra amount pro-rated to the minute. Kate has been known to be generous with her time (when she has it) but please do not abuse her generosity and take extra time without understanding that it requires payment.
- If you have a specific question, your best response will be given in a booked appointment.
- If you wish to ask her a general question we recommend that you Like her Facebook page and ask it there. She will happily answer as many questions as you have there!
- If you have lots of questions, then check out her many learning resources from classes to free learning webinars.
- All products (with the exception of gift certificates) can be paid by cash (exact change) or credit card in studio.
- All payments are to be made in Canadian funds or current exchange rate.
- There are no refunds on gift certificates so we advise that you make sure the person you are gifting wants the service you would be gifting. There are however, exchanges. Within 30 days of the gift certificate purchase, you can either switch the recipient name to yours or get a credit toward another purchase or service. You can switch the gift certificate recipient's name to someone other than the original recipient or you the purchaser for an additional $10 administrative fee paid in advance via etransfer or credit card.
- All learning cds, smudges, or liquid smudges are exchangeable if they are defective within a week of purchase. They will be exchanged for a functioning, non-defective identical item or a full refund will be given if the item is not in stock for replacement.
- If your aromatherapy diffuser or karma chair breaks within the first six months of use, please contact us and we will do everything possible to get a replacement from our distributor but we cannot guarantee a replacement or refund. If however, it happens within a week, we guarantee a replacement, (if out of stock for equal or higher value merchandise), credit note, or a full refund in the form of payment received.
- No refunds are possible for the liquid smudges.
- Exchanges are subject to the discretion of IC director Kate Opashinov.
IC Workshop Policies
- Life Program in-person full series workshops can only be refunded in full up to a month before the first weekend, and up to the date of the first weekend minus a $150 administration fee. Partial refund on the total will be considered in the case of serious medical or other emergencies.
- Life Program online full series workshops can only be refunded in full before the student is sent their login and password minus a $20 administrative fee, and can only be refunded 50% off up to the first module.
- By registering for any of the Intuition for Life Programs and choosing the full series, you are committing to paying all payments in full whether you attend each of the nine workshops or not without any refunds for individual missed modules. If you would like to miss modules and not pay, use the individual module payment plan.
- In the event of student misconduct (class disruptiveness, abusiveness, conflicts with fellow students or facilitator, missed payments, anything that undermines the learning environment for fellow students, etc.) Kate Opashinov reserves the right to refuse classes/ services without refunding any fees paid. However, in the spirit of fairness, a warning will first be given to the student to have a chance to turn things around.
- Refunds for non-Life Program workshops are subject to both IC and the workshop facilitator's discretion.
- If any workshop has to be cancelled due to under-enrollment, facilitator illness, or any miscellaneous emergency on IC's or the facilitator's part, all registration fees will be returned to registrants 100% within two weeks of the cancellation.
- If an applicant does not gain admission to the Intuition for Life Program, their entire payment will be returned to them by mailing their payment cheque/s back to them uncashed before the first class.
- All intro classes can be refunded in full minus the administration fee of $10 up to 2 days before the class begins and issued by IC in cash or cheque.
- You can also request a credit note for any class where you qualify for a refund, where applicable.
- All payments in any amount are non-refundable; the only exception being death or incapacitating illness with medical documentation and up to the discretion of Kate Opashinov
- Participants may cancel but do not qualify for and will not receive any refund
- Each participant’s safety is ultimately thier own responsibility.
- Participants are responsible for their own air travel and ground travel to and from the hotel
- Participants are responsible for their own health and travelling on the trip so it is required for participants to purchase traveller's and health insurance, and remember to bring your passport and and necessary documents and photocopies of them in case of any unfortunate incident.
- All meals except one are the responsibility of the participant
- For a complete list of inclusions and exclusions, see retreat page
- If Kate has to cancel the retreat due to illness, emergency, or any other critical factors (change in the country or airline service etc.) she will refund 100% of all your fees AND you get to keep your free session if you qualified for the Triple Bonus package, however, Kate is not responsible for your airline ticket fees or any other expenses incurred. For this reason, we strongly recommend that all retreat participants buy refundable airplane tickets and traveller's insurance including medical and trip intereuption and cancellation insurance.
In regards to client and student information, all efforts are made to ensure the privacy of clients' and students' information in accordance with PHIPA (Personal Health Information Act) and PIPEDA (Personal Information and Electronic Documents Act) from locked away client notes to firewall, virus, and password protected electronic information.
Regarding Kate's mailing list, please be assured your personal information will never be sold, traded, rented, exchanged or otherwise shared with any other person, company or organization. You can take yourself off the mailing list at any time. Mailchimp is the mailing company that manages Intuitive Centre list and has its own
All reading recordings are erased one week after your reading to ensure no copies will exist other than your own. For this reason, it is advised that you review your reading within the first week to ensure your recording doesn't need a replacement before its erasure date.
All readings and healings are followed up by an emailed feedback form to give you the opportunity to provide feedback. All psychotherapy, intuitive counseling, and intuitive business consulting sessions are followed by the questions "Was that helpful today? Did we cover what you wanted? Is there anything outstanding?" and the invitation to feedback. Accordingly, all concerns are addressed in the way the client finds most comfortable until resolved within the parameters of Kate's practice. Additionally, feedback is always welcome via email if that helps a client feel more anonymous.
If you feel that Kate has not fulfilled what you anticipated receiving in any service, class, or product, please voice your complaint along with any ideas you have for satisfaction to Kate and she will work cooperatively with you to find a solution. Kate stakes her reputation on delivering a consistent level of high quality customer care and satisfaction and so is committed to any dispute resolution and will usually err on the side of the client for the sake of upholding the spirit of service she believes should be applied to intuition as much as any other regulated professional service.
Kate is committed to an inclusive environment and accessibility, welcoming all people regardless of age, sex, gender, orientation, ethnicity, belief, ability or anything else. She is committed to do everything within her power to make that possible at all times. Unfortunately, the premises of her healing studio and learning clinic Intuitive Centre is an old building without the capacity to retrofit with an elevator or ramp for wheelchair accessibility. Also, due to the diversity of our guests at Intuitive Centre and out of care for anyone who may be visiting us, please note that Kate cannot guarantee that the premises will be either scent-free or allergen-free. She has had a railing installed on IC's steep staircase to help her sight-impaired clients and those with physical disabilities or injuries who are still able to to climb stairs. She also aims to have a variety of services, learning resources, and products at a variety of prices and sometimes free to make her work accessible to all regardless of economic circumstances. When she cannot offer the requested service at the requested price and when she has a viable option to refer someone to, she always does in an effort to help.
If you have any questions about access to her facilities, website, services, or information, please email us and she will do everything she can to welcome you into her community.